Imposing and mother of thaw and silence, the Andes Mountains fragment the horizon of Chile. As extensive as America, rumor has it that there is an inaccessible place where the sun hides at nightfall. The identity of Chile emerges in the cliffs of this earth, so you must travel the sixty road curves that lead you to 9,800 feet high at the top of the mountain range, where the pure air blooms. Here you will not only feel the deep beat of the mountain, but also you will meet the impeccable infrastructure of Valle Nevado, one of the best ski center in the world, and the mountain architecture in the town of Farellones.
Duration: 8 hours approx.
Winter departure: 07:00 (to be confirmed) – drop-off at hotel 17:30/18:30 (approx.).
Summer departure: 08:00 (to be confirmed) – drop-off at hotel 14:30/16:30 (approx.).
Minimum required to cover the trip: 2 adults.
- Before going up: Stop at a snow equipment and gear store for the rental of clothes if necessary.
- Viewpoint on the way to Farellones
- Farellones mountain village and Farellones ski center
- In case of snow, we stop between the ski centers Farellones and Valle Nevado for pictures
- Valle Nevado Ski Center
- Guided trip transfer.
- Passengers insurance for the trip by vehicle.
- Pick-up at the door of your lodging (valid for lodgings in tourist circuit).
Adult: 32,900 CLP per person (2019 prices)
Children under 1 year old, do not pay.
- Lunch is at Valle Nevado or Farellones. The choice is made between the members of the group and the guide.
- The order of the visits can be reversed during the day in case the guide considers that it will be more enjoyable (and funnier) for you.
- We strongly recommend the use of sunscreen.
- We are not able to get there when there is a snowstorm as the authorities close the road.
- The price of gear and equipment for rental is approx. 8,000 CLP per piece (these values depend on the rental store, not Indo pro Chile).
- The travel time between Santiago and the ski centers is about one and a half hours.
- The value of the lunch is not included in the price of the tour.
- During the snowy months we stay in each ski center for an hour and a half, plus an hour and a half for lunch.
- The ski centers do not charge entrance to the common areas.
- The entrance fee to Farellones ski center is 27,000 CLP per person.
- In accordance with the new policies of Valle Nevado installed during July 2018, tourists who visit the ski center for the day, that is, they do not go skiing, can only have access to the lower sector of the ski center known as curve 17 (sector from where the gondola leaves). The sector known as “La base” where the hotels and some restaurants are located such as “La Leñera” will be strictly used by guests of the hotels and apartments of the place. Indo pro Chile regrets the situation a lot since we seek to offer the best experience to our travelers but being an enclosure with private administration we have no influence on the decisions.
- Tour available during the whole year. Every day of the week. We recommend from Monday to Friday.
- Months with snow: Between May and October.
- Months with snowstorm days: From June to August.
Cancellation due to Weather Conditions:
Indo pro Chile tours will only be suspended if the weather conditions hinder the realization of them, or local authorities close access for safety. In this case the tour will be rescheduled according to the availability or the guarantee deposit will be returned. In case of rain, weak snowfall or other adverse weather conditions, and after the evaluation of our technical team, the tour will be carried out normally. So it is not within our policies to return the guarantee deposit when the travelers themselves decide to cancel our services due to weather conditions.
Booking a tour:
For booking a tour, we ask for a reservation fee of CLP$ 6.000 (10 usd) per person and tour. In the case of tours Esential Andes or Embalse El Yeso Afternoon, the cost of the reservation fee is CLP$ 12.000 (20 usd) per person and in the case of the Exploring the Andes, the cost of the reservation fee is CLP$ 24.000 (40 usd) per person, because it´s a tour that involves a different food logistics. This amount is discounted per day from the price of each tour. In case of a cancellation by the passenger, in less than 72 hrs of the tour, this reservation fee will be used for operational expenses, and there will be not refund. We also ask for at least 72 hrs to cancel at no cost. The reservation is not transferable, meaning it´s valid only for the day and scheduled tour.