[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”17″ display=”pro_horizontal_filmstrip”]
CLP $60.900 per person
Children: From 0 to 1 year do not pay. From 2 to 17 years pay full rate.
Duration: 8 hours approx.
Schedule: Departure 08:00 (to be confirmed) – drop-off at hotel 14:00/15:30 (approx.).
Minimum required to cover the trip: 2 adults.
- Los Libertadores route (International route that connects Santiago with Mendoza, an Argentine city)
- Monument to the victory of Chacabuco (one of the most important battles during the independence of Chile)
- Salto del Soldado
- Laguna del Inca (during the winter it is not possible to approach to the lagoon)
- Portillo Ski Center
- The famous road curves that are known as “Los Caracoles de Portillo” (The snails of Portillo)
- Guided trip transfer in authorized vehicle for tourist services.
- Passengers insurance for the trip by vehicle.
- Pick-up at the door of your lodging (valid for lodgings in tourist circuit).
- Group of maximum 7 people per vehicle.
- Includes Chilean empanada.
164 kilometers from Santiago and only 6 kilometers from Paso Los Libertadores, on the border with Argentina, the winds of Portillo lift alone and impetuous. In the oldest ski center in America, the waters of Laguna del Inca are gently rocked. Place where the warrior Illi Yupanqui mourned the death of his beloved according to a legend hundreds of years ago. Realizing that the earth was not enough to contain the enormous pain of her departure, he deposited her body in its water and watched her until she was gone. As legend has it, in that moment the transparent waters were dyed emerald the same color of her eyes, and sometimes, during the coldest nights of winter, the snowy mountains release the impregnated sorrow of Illi´s cry, which runs naked or disguised as wind between the cold cliffs of the Andean silence.
- Tour available during the whole year. Every day of the week. We recommend from Monday to Friday.
- Months with snow: Between May and October.
- Months with snowstorm days: From June to August.
- Lunch can be at Portillo Hotel or in a restaurante on the route.
- We strongly recommend the use of sunscreen and to bring sunglasses and warm clothes.
- We are not able to get there when there is a snowstorm as the authorities close the road.
- For security reasons, the ski center does not allow access to the Laguna del Inca when there is snow in the area.
- During the winter it is not possible to approach to the lagoon.
Cancellation due to Weather Conditions:
Indo pro Chile tours will only be suspended if the weather conditions hinder the realization of them, or local authorities close access for safety. In this case the tour will be rescheduled according to the availability or the guarantee deposit will be returned. In case of rain, weak snowfall or other adverse weather conditions, and after the evaluation of our technical team, the tour will be carried out normally. So it is not within our policies to return the guarantee deposit when the travelers themselves decide to cancel our services due to weather conditions.
Booking a tour:
For booking this tour, we ask for a reservation fee of CLP$ 18.000 per person. This amount is discounted per day from the price of tour. In case of a cancellation by the passenger, in less than 72 hrs of the tour, this reservation fee will be used for operational expenses, and there will be not refund. The reservation is not transferable, meaning it´s valid only for the day and scheduled tour. Term valid for no show.