We leave Santiago during the morning to begin this journey towards the essence of the most beloved poet in Chilean culture. The house of Pablo Neruda in Isla Negra (Black Island) is not only one of the most beloved places where he lived, it is also the space where he collected his desires and therefore, a privileged place where part of the Chilean identity was created. The poetry continues in the Pre-Columbian town of Pomaire through the traditional handicrafts in clay, where men and women hands sculpt in silence the offerings that the earth has given them.
Duration: 8 hours approx.
Schedule: Departure 08:00 (to be confirmed) – drop-off at hotel 16:30/17:30 (approx.).
Minimum required to cover the trip: 2 adults.
- Pablo Neruda´s house in Isla Negra.
- Algarrobo, where you will see the beautiful beach and also admire the world’s largest outdoor pool.
- Pre-Columbian town of Pomaire, which is characterized by typical Chilean food and crafts. In there, you can finish the tour by having lunch in some of the typical restaurants of the town (Free choice where to lunch).
- Entrance fee to the Pablo Neruda House Museum in Isla Negra.
- Guided trip transfer.
- Passengers insurance for the trip by vehicle.
- Pick-up at the door of your lodging (valid for lodgings in tourist circuit).
Adult: 53,900 CLP per person (2019 prices)
Children under 1 year old, do not pay.
– We strongly recommend the use of sunscreen and to bring lightweight warm clothes.
– Tour available during the whole year. From Tuesday to Sunday.
– Rainy months: Between May and August.
Cancellation due to Weather Conditions:
Indo pro Chile tours will only be suspended if the weather conditions hinder the realization of them, or local authorities close access for safety. In this case the tour will be rescheduled according to the availability or the guarantee deposit will be returned. In case of rain, weak snowfall or other adverse weather conditions, and after the evaluation of our technical team, the tour will be carried out normally. So it is not within our policies to return the guarantee deposit when the travelers themselves decide to cancel our services due to weather conditions.
Booking a tour:
For booking a tour, we ask for a reservation fee of CLP$ 6.000 (10 usd) per person and tour. In the case of tours Esential Andes or Embalse El Yeso Afternoon, the cost of the reservation fee is CLP$ 12.000 (20 usd) per person and in the case of the Exploring the Andes, the cost of the reservation fee is CLP$ 24.000 (40 usd) per person, because it´s a tour that involves a different food logistics. This amount is discounted per day from the price of each tour. In case of a cancellation by the passenger, in less than 72 hrs of the tour, this reservation fee will be used for operational expenses, and there will be not refund. We also ask for at least 72 hrs to cancel at no cost. The reservation is not transferable, meaning it´s valid only for the day and scheduled tour.